Who we are
We are the County Donegal Historical Society, PO Box 13629, Letterkenny, Co Donegal, Ireland. Charity Regulatory Authority No. 20009502
We, the County Donegal Historical Society (the” Society”), will comply fully with the principles of data protection, specifically:
- We hold your personal information solely for the purpose of your participation in or attendance at events of, or membership of, the Society.
- We will ask for only that information that we need to deliver this to you.
- We will share this information only with those volunteers or other organisations who are directly involved with the operation of these events.
- We will do our best to ensure that this information is accurate.
- We ask that you help us in this respect by notifying us as soon as possible of any relevant changes in your details.
- You have a right to request a copy of any and all information that we hold about you at any time. We will respond to any such requests within one month.
- You have a right to withdraw your consent for us to hold your personal information at any time.
- We will keep your information for no longer than necessary.
- If you do not permit us to contact you about future events then your details will be destroyed within two months of a) the event or b) your membership has expired.
- If you permit us to contact you about future events or renewal of your membership then we will keep secure these contact details. Usually this will be two years from your last attendance at a event or expiry of your membership.
- In either case your digital records can be destroyed/deleted sooner or immediately if you wish.
- We will not use your contact information to contact you about anything other than what you have given consent for.
- We will train our volunteers in our data protection standards and procedures.
- We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
- We will not share your personal information with third parties, unless the law in Ireland requires it and/or if we have serious concerns for your health, safety and/or well-being. We will only disclose then to appropriate and legitimate authorities, and only on a need-to-know basis.
- We will inform you immediately if we suffer a breach of our security systems for data protection if we think that your personal information has been compromised and we will commit to a thorough investigation.
Your contact for any questions about this policy or requests for details that we hold about you then use our Contact Us page : https://donegalhistory.ie/contact-us/
County Donegal Historical Society